ESV Church History Study Bible, hardcover
1 In Stock
Voices from the Past, Wisdom for the Present
Featuring Notes on the Bible Text from Important Figures in Church History, Including Augustine, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, and C. S. Lewis
The ESV Church History Study Bible is designed to help believers in all seasons of life understand the Bible with notes from over 300 of church history's most prominent figures.
Edited by Stephen J. Nichols, Gerald Bray, and Keith A. Mathison, this Bible features 20,000+ study notes from historical figures including Athanasius of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Martin Luther, John Bunyan, Jonathan Edwards, and Charles Spurgeon. This study Bible also includes articles by trusted scholars on major aspects of church history, a glossary of historical figures, and "This Passage in History" callouts. Created for serious readers, students, and teachers of God's Word, the ESV Church History Study Bible highlights voices from the past offering wisdom for the present.
- 20,000 Study Notes: Features commentary notes from prominent figures in church history, including Martin Luther, John Bunyan, and Charles Spurgeon
- References for Easier Bible Study: Includes an introduction to each book, a glossary of historical figures, a full concordance, and ecumenical creeds of the church
- In-Depth Scholarship: Features 12 articles about the different phases of church history, the differences in Christian traditions, the history of biblical interpretation, and more
- High-Quality Production: Features a smyth-sewn binding and easy-to-read format
- Editors: Edited by Stephen J. Nichols (General Editor), Gerald Bray, and Keith A. Mathison (Associate Editors)
Hardcover with jacket, 2112 pages, maps